Alexander Ross.The Blythswood Hotel, 248 Argyle Street, Glasgow.
Mr Alexander Ross. 1887.
In 1887 Alexander Ross was proprietor of the Blythswood Hotel, 248 Argyle Street, Glasgow, situated at the corner of Argyle Street and Hope Street right opposite Oswald Street. The hotel was two minutes walk from the Caledonian Central Station and five minutes walk from the St. Enoch's Station.
Mr Ross was a real Highlander and a native of Southerlandshire born in 1847. His wife owned the hotel from 1877 to 1884 before Mr Ross purchased the establishments.