The Carnarvon Bar.129 St. Georges Road, Glasgow.
The Carnarvon Bar. 1991.
Vincent Clancy the landlord has been serving the punters here for years.
There has been a pub on this site since 1872 owned by James Leitch, it was sold to thirty year old Thomas Downie in 1876 he live not far in Woodlands Road with his wife and a family of 6 children, his brother Matthew also lived with him for a while and helped serve the customers here until the 1880s.
Thomas was born in Coylton, Ayr and came to Glasgow at an early age, working on bars around the city with his brother. Thomas later opened pubs in Harvie Street Govan Road and Paisley Road West, giving up the trade in 1923.
Other well known licensee for the premises were Christina Harvey (1923) George Fowlis, Duncan Harvey (1960) and John Cameron 1970.
The pub is now called Oscar Slater's.