The Grapes Bar.218 Paisley Road West, Glasgow. G51 1BU.Tel: 01414272932.
The Grapes Bar. 1991.
Situated at the corner of Paisley Road West and MacLean Street, there's been a pub on this site since 1881.
John Morrison was the first to hold a public house licence, he continued as a publican here until 1911. John owned another pub in West Campbell Street and lived in Cambridge Street in the city of Glasgow.
Two years before the First World War Robert Frew took over the licence. Mr Frew went through very hard times in the occupancy of the pub, firstly by the war and then the poverty of the 1920s.
During the 1930s the pub was run by Michael Elliot.
The 1940s and 50s the locals had the pleasure of publican William Marshall, he was married in 1951 to Mary Hutchison of Largs. The wedding reception took place in the Crown Hotel, Callander a family business run by his brother.
The Grapes Bar 1930s.
Mr & Mrs William Marshall