Joseph Muir.730 London Road, Glasgow.
Joseph Muir was situated at the corner of London Road and Oswald Street, now Heron Street.
In 1866 Archibald Wotherspoon owned this pub, he continued to hold the licence until the 1870s.
One of the most prominent licence holders to hold the certificate was Joseph Muir, he started out in the licensed trade in Watson Street, south side in 1889. Mr Muir then became a member of the Glasgow & District Licensed Trade Defence Association and was appointed president in 1920.
Many Bridgeton residents will remember this old pub as Danny's Bar in the 1970s, the last licensee was a lady called Irene Clayton who held the licence since 1971 the pub was demolished a few years later.
A view of Joseph Muir's pub from Heron Street, note from the sign above the shop, Bonder and Blender, which signifies that he wasn't just a publican. This photogaph and the one above were taken in the 1920s.