Neil McKay.165 Paisley Road West, Glasgow.
Before and after alterations' 1930s.
Neil McKay's bar was situated at the corner of Paisley Road West and Lambhill Street.
Alexander Wands a city wine and spirit merchant acquired a licence for these premises in 1879. Mr Wands already had licensed premises in King Street, Glasgow.
Paisley Road West was not part of Glasgow yet.
Alexander opened other pubs in the city of Glasgow including plush establishments in Kent Road and New City Road. His brother's James and William were also involved in the spirit trade, they had premises in Ardgowan Street.
Neil McKay took over the licence in 1930 and continued until the 1950s.
The last licensee for this popular pub was Manus Gallagher who ran the pub during the 70s.