Old Glasgow Pubs.co.uk

[ skip to navigation ]
Old Glasgow Pubs by john gorevan


Ninety Two.

92 Cambridge Street, Glasgow.


Ninety Two

In 1896 Andrew Millar was the owner of this old public house, he paid and annul rent of £85.00. He continued as landlord here until 1911. The licence was then transferred to publican George Williamson until after the First World War.

Well known city spirit merchant Thomas Pattison ran this old establishment until the 1950s, he also ran a pub at the corner of London Road and Nuneaton Street in the east end of the city and premises on Maryhill Road, the Kelvin Dock. The founder of the business Dugald Pattison took over the Kelvin Dock in 1884.

The Ninety Two bar was situated at the corner of Cambridge Street and Ferguson Street and was finally demolished in the 1960s, through the City Council's redevelopment scheme in the area.


Go to top of page