The Scotsman.94 Main Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow. G40 1HD. Tel: 01415548275.
The Scotsman. 1991.
Situated at the corner of Main Street and Tullis Street, The Scotsman has been a Bridgeton landmark since the 1870s. Before the tenement building was erected there was a pub here occupied in the 1870s by a lady called Sarah Muir.
In 1897 John Greig took over the business, he only served the locals here for a couple of years then William Mossman became the licensee. Mr Mossman also had the Royal Oak bar in Rutherglen and the Tracadero restaurant in Dunlop Street, Glasgow formerly owned by Robert Graham. Over the years the pub has been known under many different names including the Kimberley, George Blair and The Old Blythswood Bar.
The Scotsman. 2005.