The Snapp Bar.54 Cornwall Street, Kinning Park, Glasgow.
The Snapp. 1930s.
This old Kinning Park hostelry was owned by James Shanks in the 1880s, Mr Shanks owned some of the best bars in the city of Glasgow including 80 Cowcaddens, ( W T Doherty's,) 72 Maitland Street, 32 Hamilton Street, Govan. In the 1870s he started out in the Royalty Bar, West Nile Street. Mr Shanks held the licence for Cornwall Street until 1904.
James Reid before refurbishment in the 1930s.
James Reid then took over the pub, he held a licence for another pub at 226 St. James Street, Kinning Park. Mr Reid continued as licensee until the 1930s when the pub was refurbishment and renamed to the Snapp Bar. Wine & Spirit merchant William B Frew then occupied the premises.
After WW2 the pub was run by George Mullen, George went on to own the Snapp Bar, London Road in the east end of the city, he also owned the Blythswood Bar, Clydebank.
The Snapp Bar was demolished in the 1960s.