The Union Jack.
150 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow.
Bennett's Union Jack. 1890.
The Union Jack sat at the corner of Dumbarton Road and Kent Road. This part of Dumbarton Road became Argyle Street and the address changed to 1008 Argyle Street.
Abraham Bennett took over this old pub in 1890, the was very basic, linoleum lined the floors, there were three little snug's one of which was a smoking room. Allsopp's and Bass beer was sold and a nip of "Mountain Dew" was a favourite with a good pipe. The family department was confined to the Kent Road entrance. Mr Bennett sold good quality whisky, brandy, ales, porter, stout and other liquors.
To read more on the history of this old pub Click here.