Old Glasgow Pubs.co.uk

[ skip to navigation ]
Old Glasgow Pubs by john gorevan


The Grand Bar.

156-58 Cowcaddens, Glasgow.


Grand Bar

The Grand Bar.

This was originally Thomas Galloway's premises, formerly owned by John Steel, Mr Steel also had premises at the corner of Saltmarket and London Road.

Mr Galloway owned this pub from 1876, he also owned pubs on Raeberry Street, 214 Hope Street, 179 New City Road, 110 North Street, 533 New City Road and 9 Sauchiehall Street.

John L Kelly owned the pub during the 1930s, he also had the Germiston Bar now the Glen Bar, Forge Street.

The photograph above was taken in 1963 it was demolished shortly afterwards.

Also see The Woodside Inn.


Go to top of page