The Rams Head.
1971 Maryhill Road, Maryhill, Glasgow. G20 0BT. Tel: 01419494044.
The Rams Head. 1991.
This old Pub was formerly known as Cloughley's. The history of the pub goes back to around 1889 when James Grieve was landlord, he only had a certificate to sell Porter & Ale. This part of Maryhill Road was called Main Street, Maryhill back then. When Mr Grieve passed away his wife took over the licence and continued to do so until the First World War broke out.
During the War Mr George Smith Cloughley was licensee, again he only had a licence to sell Porter & Ale. George lived with his wife Helen at 2 Celtic Street, Helen worked very close with George in the pub. All the beer was bottled on the premises, during the Second World War George was also known as a beer bottler.
Many will still remember Elizabeth Sloan licencee in 1960, John Johnstone in the 70s and James Farrell 1990s.
email from Stephen McGuire: The Crashed formerly known as Cloughley's for a number of years only sold beer and no spirits.
The Rams Head. 2005.